Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Thoughts....

Living in the States at this time in history has been quite disheartening for Jeff and I. After some time of trying to put down my thoughts on the war, on the fact that even Christians pledge allegience to a flag, on patriotism and politics, I quit!! Everything I wrote sounded arrogant and I hate that. So, Jeff has attempted to blog our thoughts, questions and ramblings on his blog. Check them out here if you care to.

As for my tribute to Memorial Day I'll share a poem written by Carly, a sister who lost a brother in this most recent war, and a couple of verses, written by the person that wrote Chronicles, that I have prayed for years regarding this nation.

Have you ever heard the sound of a mother screaming for her son?
The torrential rains of a mother's weeping will never be done.
They call him a hero, you should be glad that he's one, but,
Have you ever heard the sound of a mother screaming for her son.

Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries?
They say he must be brave because his boy died for another man's lies.
The only thing he allows himself are long, deep sighs.
Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries.

Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?
They say he died so the flag will continue to wave.
But I believe he died because they had oil to save.
Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?

Have you ever heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?
Our leaders want to keept you numb, so the pain won't be so deep.
But if we the people let them continue, another mother will weep.
Have you ever heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?
II Chronicles 7:14.

If my people who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray
seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and
heal their land.


May God have mercy on us. Ang