Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Knoxville Whirlwind...

Last Friday we took the girls out of school early (I know, poor things, I'm sure they'll need some counseling now!) and made the four hour drive to see lots of family and enjoy some very special moments. Bethany's class had a picnic in the morning so we left after she had some fun there.





The minute we pulled into Knoxville we celebrated the graduation of our beautiful niece Hannah. She is thrilled to be done and left yesterday for Cairo to have a special graduation with her friends there.




Uncle Kenny, Auntie Marie, Papaw and Mamaw...



After the grad party we headed out to camp for the weekend with my parents in Uncle Greg and Auntie Kelly's camper. We did the typical smore making, marshmallow burning, bacon frying, ball playing, barely sleeping, good time having camping!! The camper is very sweet, we were "roughing it" in style!!

How many Canadians does it take.....





Tucking in...






Grandma recruits some helpers...actually, not to be rude, and I almost hate to point it out but do you notice the little yellow box in the right lower corner?? How much help does Grandma really need when making pancakes for her grandchildren with Bisquick?? A mix??
She may want me to point out the she has never used a mix before, but that's just what she says!!











Saturday was spent hanging out, eating BBQ (a typical Southern meal that is basically meat cooked for a really long time, sauced up and shredded! Delicious.) In the evening we went to watch our nephew Tyler play baseball. I may be a proud Auntie and a wee bit biased but he really is an amazing player. He's the best hitter on the team, consistently whacks the ball and is the cutest catcher I've seen. I found myself literally jumping up and down and cheering every time he hit. A little Auntie excitement I guess.

The proud Grandparents...








"Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children." (Proverbs 17:6)


Just had to include this last one. Tyler is just the right height to tuck under my chin when I hug him. We're a perfect fit and I love it. I wanted to get this picture before he grew another inch!


Finally, on Sunday morning we went to church with Uncle Mike and Auntie Steph. The best part of the morning for both of us was participating in a Sunday School class taught by Mike. He's a very gifted teacher, (and humble to boot!) and we wish we could attend all his classes.

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

thanks for the big boohoo. i really wish we were there.

Randi said...

great update!

Anonymous said...

You look like you are having the vacation of a life time. I love the photo of your mom and Bethany on the swing and the one of the 3 generations. Plus Auntie and newphew. Rachel wants more skirt photos BECCA!!!!:) One more week and we are off on the band trip YE HAW!!!